Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bead/Chile Fiesta

The final countdown to the Fourteenth Annual Bead/Chile Fiesta has begun. Only 1 month and 2 days until the gathering. A group of beaders used to converse on the old Prodigy bulletin boards and decided we should meet in Santa Fe for a weekend of beading, eating, shopping and having fun. We've met once a year since that time and this will be our fourteenth year. Beaders have come from as far away as Cape Cod, Chicago, Florida, Texas, Oregon, California and of course New Mexico. I'm sure I've forgotten some states so I'll apologize in advance. We will meet Thursday night and depart Monday morning. Our classes are taught by the attendees and are free. Am I excited? YOU BET!!! And why the name? I have no idea except that our plans for the first gathering was to bead and eat green chile. Works for me!

No comments: