Monday, October 20, 2008

It was a perfect overcast day......


It was a perfect day to photograph beadwork. It was overcast but lots of filtered light. I grabbed one of my new ornaments and went outside. The sun went away and the flash went off. Oh well, I'll try again another day, Miss Scarlett. Until I get a decent photo this will have to do. The ornament is one of my "This Side Up" series. I've had a lot of fun making them. It all started with my disaster when Sam chewed part of my "Peek-a Bead" necklace and I had one piece left over. After I made the first ornament I discovered that it was pretty no matter which side was up. Two ornaments for the price of one! How's that for saving money?

4 comments:

AnnG said...

Love your work. Do you have a pattern for your peek a bead necklace? I probable could figure out most of it but how do you get the lid to open and close?
RuthAnn

Suzanne Cooper said...

Thanks RuthAnn. I don't have a pattern yet but I'm working on it.

GrandmaMarilyns said...

It is interesting how you find a new side to things. A disaster becomes a masterpiece.

Suzanne Cooper said...

And isn't that the way it works? Necessity isn't always the mother of invention. Sometimes foul-ups are!