Monday, November 3, 2008

Bead/Chile Fiesta

The Prodigy Bead/Chile fiesta was wonderful fun. I'm feeling lonesome for everyone today. I'm counting the days until next year's gathering. I lost my camera so I don't have photos. That's the bad news. The good news is I found the camera this morning under a pile of clothes in my suitcase. Once again disorganization rears it's ugly head! Mary Tafoya has a post on her blog and hopefully she will have more photos soon.

Thursday night some of the beaders arrived and met for dinner at Tortilla Flats.  Things got rolling Friday with a poly clay collage class by Jan Jones. Bonnie Brooks and I did a wee bit of shopping Friday. OK, so Bonnie did more than a wee bit but who's counting? Rita Sova joined us for lunch at Clafoutis French restaurant. We had a wonderful lunch and pretended we were in Paris. Dinner was at The Shed. Yummy! Mary did a class on making silver wire earrings. I had no idea one could make so many variations on an ear wire.

Saturday Sally Ingram taught a class in making objects with buttons and thread. Did Bonnie do more shopping? Maybe just a wee bit more! Out dinner was at Blue Corn Cafe and afterwards Rita Sova showed us more tricks to use with the Versa-Loom. Saturday night was Girls Only Night with No Boys allowed back in the beading room. Did we get a big case of the giggles? Maybe!

Sunday afternoon Bonnie and I went to the Museum of International Folk Art. I wish we could have stayed all day. It was wonderful. They had a beautiful gift shop too so Bonnie did even more shopping! Dinner was at Harry's Roadhouse.

And did I do any shopping? I'll admit to spending a bundle on delicious chocolates at The Chocolatesmith but that's all I'll admit. You just never know if Coop might read my blog!!!

2 comments:

Mary Tafoya said...

Suzanne, the shopping was almost as much fun as the eating. The laughter was ridiculous!!!

Suzanne Cooper said...

A really good gigglefest is a wonderful thing!