Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 1



Our plane landed in Tucson on time, we got out of the airport and couldn't believe how cold it was. I'm talking big time cold and the wind was howling. I had a suede jacket thank goodness but it wasn't really warm enough. I saw this blooming plant at the airport and quickly snapped a photo.

So, what's a person do? One simply stays inside and looks at the goodies! I did buy a bead or two.... or three..... or four.... some to sell and some to keep. I bought some big honking turquoise nuggets and some round turquoise beads. I also got some round coral beads and some light green beads. I'm not sure what these are! I also bought a couple of jeweled baubles for me. I really needed to buy myself a valentine day present. We stayed at the J.O.G.S. show all afternoon and didn't see half the goodies. Tomorrow we're heading for the G&LW show. We passed one area that was about three city blocks or more covered with booths. They were selling huge, huge rocks and all kinds of manly-man stuff. We didn't stop because I was anxious to see the girly-girl jewels!

I am in total sensory overload. I've seen tables full of beads, pearls, finished jewelry and faceted stone of amethyst, peridot, sapphire, ruby, lions, tigers and bears, oh my. My eyes are tired from looking, my mind is rebelling and my feet hurt. I'm going to bed early so I can get up and hit the shows again tomorrow.

No comments: