Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 2



I survived day 2 but I'm not sure my feet will ever be the same. We spent the day at the G&LW show and didn't make it through all the booths in the two main tents. We're talking BIG tents here. Coop said they were the size of two football fields in length. Some of the booths were small single booths and some were huge. The largest one I saw was filled with pearls of every size and color. One photo shows about half the space. The other photo shows bags and bags of pearls in another vendor's booth. These were the emergency back-up pearls! These are not good photos because I used my cell phone camera. Yeah, you're right, I forgot to take my real camera.

My favorite thing today was talking with the vendors. I've never met a nicer group of people. They were super friendly and even when they knew someone wasn't going to buy (like me!) they still handed beautiful jewelry to try on and jewels to admire. I've seen more precious stones than I imagined possible and there are lots more tents to go. I'm going to pretend that I don't know about the other shows going on.

2 comments: