Wednesday, March 18, 2009

BeadFest Santa Fe

I had a grand time at BeadFest! My good friend Bonnie Brooks from Dallas stayed at our house. We shopped. We ate. We shopped. We ate. It was so wonderful seeing old friends again. We visited with Nikia Angel and Betcey Ventralla at Betcey's booth. Oh, those crystals!!! The first familiar face I saw was that of Maggie Meister. Maggie was with us on two BeadVenture trips to Ireland. Maggie's jewelry is fabulous! Judy Ramsey, Mary Tafoya and Sarah Frazier were there. Frieda Bates was there but I couldn't find her. Wahhhhhhhhhhh.

Some highlights of the show for me: * I peeked in on Susan Lenart Kazmer's Rings Relics and Prong Settings class. Mary was there pounding metal into fabulously funky rings. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. I wish I had signed up for this class! * Lisa Kan Designs had a set of wonderful precision tools.* Wild Things Beads had fabulous black spinel bicone beads. And yes, I bought a strand. OK, so I bought TWO strands.* Softflex had beautiful CZ rondells. I wish I could have bought all of them. One of the prettiest things at the show was their packges of three colors of a new wire. The colors were delicious. * Old friends and beads, beads everywhere! What more could a person want?

No comments: