Saturday, November 28, 2009

Bead Novels Review

I just finished reading "Beads of Doubt" by Barbara Burnett Smith and Karen MacInerney and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's light reading; a murder mystery with a backdrop of a bead tea. Barbara Burnett Smith was hit by a car and died before she could finish the novel. Her good friend Karen MacInerney finished the book for her. Her first novel about beading was "Bead on Trouble" which used a bead retreat as the setting. I didn't care for this book as much as I did "Beads of Doubt". Both books are guaranteed not to improve your mind or keep you awake but they are fun.

And then there is "Murder in the House of Beads" A Mystery in Paradise by Mary Jane Forbes. Other than the victim being a teacher in a bead store it has nothing much to do with beads. The murder mystery didn't hold my interest at all. Save your money!